Truffalo Bill – Chocolatetastic Truffle Cupcakes
Pre-heat the oven 320ºF/160ºC/gas mark 3 and prepare your cupcake pans. Set aside and make the chocolate ganache.
120g plain chocolate, chopped (min. 53% cocoa)
275g light brown sugar
95g unsalted butter, softened
2 (free range) large eggs
170g plain flour
pinch of salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking of soda
6g cocoa powder
The ganache Frosting:
Tip – If you would like large cowboy frosting servings you may want to double up!
145ml whipping cream
165g chocolate (minimum 53% cocoa solids)
in button form or chopped
200g unslated butter (softened)
450g icing sugar, sifted
The Decoration if desired:
The finest truffles in town …. The perfect finishing touch for this moreish mouthwatering chocolatetastic dessert!
1. Place the chocolate, milk, and half the sugar in a saucepan and gently bring to a boil while stirring.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa together, and then add them to the butter mixture in two batches. Mix slowly until just combined.
4. Slowly add the hot chocolate mixture into the batter and mix. Scrape the bowl down with a spatula to make sure it’s well combined. The batter should be liquidy.
5. Pour into the cases so they’re 2/3 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cupcakes fully cool before icing and decorating.
1. Pour the cream in a saucepan and bring to a bare simmer.
2. Place the chocolate and glucose into a bowl and pour the hot cream over. Whisk together until silky smooth!
3. When combined leave it to set at room temperature (about 30 minutes). The ganache should have a soft butter like consistency.
4. Mix the butter & icing sugar together in a free standing mixer/hand held electric whisk.
5. Slowly add the ganache to the butter mixture & continue to mix until combined. Using a small palette knife, put a cowboy size dollop of chocolate frosting on each cupcake & spread a little (have fun) & devour!
By Cheryl Harper Wilson from – Riviera Couture cake Company