Madame Milkshake Cupcakes – With a fun straw surprise
(from Riviera’s pick & mix cupcake range)
Makes 12 cupcakes = 6 Madame milkshake style
Pre-heat the oven 175ºC/gas mark 4 and prepare your cupcake pans. Prepare the cupcake pans by placing your desired cupcake cases inside the pan holes one at a time.
110g unsalted butter
110g caster sugar
Pinch of salt
¼ tsp vanilla essence
2 medium free range eggs
110g self raising flour
300g unsalted butter, softened
300g sifted icing sugar
½ tsp salt
Seeds of ½ vanilla pod
31/2 tbsp good quality (seedless) strawberry jam
1 large tub of soft scoop vanilla ice cream
Chocolate popping candy
A variety of chocolate shards (your favourite broken up chocolate)
Berry jelly babies (or your favourite jelly sweets)
Flying sprinkles (your favourite sprinkle to top)
Riviera’s raspberry salsa ( or seedless raspberry jam)
1. Place the butter, sugar salt & vanilla essence in a mixing bowl and cream together until pale & fluffy.
2, Beat the eggs lightly in a separate bowl then slowly add to the butter mixture, then whisk quickly. If the mixture shows signs of separation or curdling stop adding the egg for a moment & add a little sieved flour (3 tablespoons worth). The batter will then rebind.
3. When the remaining egg is fully incorporated into the butter mixture, sift the flour and stir until the batter mixture is only just combined. This way the sponges will stay beautifully light & fluffy.
4. Carefully transfer the batter into the cupcake cases (using a tablespoon or piping bag) and fill until 2/3 full per case.
5, Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cupcakes fully cool before icing and decorating.
- Place the butter, icing sugar, salt, & vanilla seeds into a mixing bowl & cream together until very pale & fluffy.
- Add the strawberry jam in two halves. Stir through until thoroughly combined
- Leave to set in the refrigerator for 10 – 15 minutes.
The Decoration, Ice cream glass & fun straw surprise:
Scoop half your required amount of ice cream into the Kickebockerglory/ice cream glass, then place 1 cupcake inside the glass. Top with pick & mix treats as desired. Repeat the above steps & decorate as required.
Take your chosen paper straws ( in a colour of your choice). Ensuring your starws are clean, hold over a bowl & sprinkle chocolate popping candy inside each straw, once complete carefully add your straw to your Madame milkshake to finish! EAT & ENJOY!